Foundations for a House Near Reading – Part 1
Farley Groundworks have been engaged to undertake the groundworks for the foundations of a 5 bedroom new build house in the countryside near Reading in Berkshire. We are constructing the foundations up to damp proof course (DPC) level.
The tasks that make up this job include….
- Demolishing an old building on the site
- Clearing the ground for the works
- Reducing the ground level by up to 2 metres
- Completing the concrete foundations
- Building the walls up to DPC level
- Installing a block and beam floor
We will be showing our progress on this job as a series of blog articles, with pictures, over the next few weeks. This first installment shows our work in clearing the site (after demolishing the existing building) and reducing the level in preparation to laying the foundations.